Uncategorized

Two white men charged with murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Two white men – a father and son – have been arrested and charged with murder in the US state of Georgia over the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man who was shot dead while he was out for a run in February. The charges came days after a

More U.S. protests call for lifting coronavirus restrictions as governors push back

Protests flared in U.S. states on Sunday over stay-at-home orders while governors disputed President Donald Trump’s claims they have enough tests for the novel coronavirus and should quickly reopen their economies. n estimated 2,500 people rallied at the Washington state capitol in Olympia to protest Democratic Governor Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home

Masjiedarashideen

Queens Street, Mowbray Imam Yusuf Pandy 021 692 1521 /083 364 7451 Chairman: Ahmed Hamdulay – 021 696 4724 / 082 786 8244 Sheikh Gasant Pandy- 072 417 6771 Account Holder: Mowbray Mosque Congregation, Account No: 78600077862, Bank: Al Baraka, Branch: Athlone, Branch Code: 800 000

Gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Afghan capital

Unidentified gunmen and suicide bombers attacked a Sikh religious complex in the Afghan capital of Kabul on Wednesday, and up to 200 people were believed to be trapped inside, a member of parliament said. Afghan security forces had blocked off the area and were taking on the attackers, Interior Ministry

Travel agents scramble to rearrange bookings as Saudi Arabia suspends Umrah over coronavirus fears

Saudi Arabia’s decision to suspend travel to the country’s holiest sites over fears of the fast-spreading coronavirus has left travel agents scrambling to rearrange bookings as pilgrims remain in the dark over how long the “temporary” ban might continue. Late on Wednesday, Riyadh’s foreign ministry tweeted that it was suspending entry for pilgrims heading to Mecca and Medina for

L

Authorities to bring culprits behind Mellville shooting

City of Johannesburg Member of Mayoral Committee for Community Development, Margaret Arnold says they will leave no stone unturned to ensure that those responsible for the Melville shooting are brought to book. Arnold was speaking at the vigil on Thursday night to remember those who died. Two people were killed

Cele says no to army deployment on Cape Flats

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) will not be deployed to deal with gangsterism and high crime rates in Cape Town’s low-income communities, Police Minister Bheki Cele maintained on Thursday. He confirmed his stance an hour before the DA, led by party leader Mmusi Maimane, marched to the Nyanga

Panayiotou’s leave to appeal application dismissed

Christopher Panayiotou’s application for leave to appeal his conviction was dismissed in the Eastern Cape High Court in Port Elizabeth on Thursday. Panayiotou was found guilty of murder in November last year and was sentenced to life for orchestrating the killing of his wife, Jayde. His co-accused, Sinethemba Nenembe and

VOC became the first Muslim radio station in South Africa when a special events license was granted to the station in Ramadan/January 1995. Subsequent temporary broadcast licenses were granted, permitting the station to broadcast for 24 hours.

Donate to our Pledgeline
Listen on Online Radio Box! Voice of the Cape

Listen Live

Western Cape’s No.1 Community Radio Station